- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says “Christie Vela’s direction puts a turbocharged spin on the macho clashes…veering like a roller coaster from the comic to the scary.”
- “The script, directed with a smart sense of its testosterone-fueled energy by Christie Vela, brims with sudden-onset comedy bits,” says Jan Farrington at TheaterJones.
Mark Lowry of TheaterJones recently sat down with Second Thought staff members to discuss a new set of initiatives being incorporated into the 2017 season, including an updated mission statement, a newly formed New Works Initiative, and the company’s recent first steps toward becoming the 13th North Texas theatre to offer health insurance weeks to union actors.… Read more
During our run, local critics weighed in on our production of Grounded by George Brant:
- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says Grounded is “a taut, timely, troubling look at drone warfare”
- Alexandra Bonifield of CriticalRant calls “Grounded [is] another first-rate feather in Second Thought Theatre’s production cap”
- CultureMap Dallas calls Jenny Ledel’s performance in Grounded “mesmerizing.