- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says “Christie Vela’s direction puts a turbocharged spin on the macho clashes…veering like a roller coaster from the comic to the scary.”
- “The script, directed with a smart sense of its testosterone-fueled energy by Christie Vela, brims with sudden-onset comedy bits,” says Jan Farrington at TheaterJones.
During our run, local critics weighed in on our production of Grounded by George Brant:
- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says Grounded is “a taut, timely, troubling look at drone warfare”
- Alexandra Bonifield of CriticalRant calls “Grounded [is] another first-rate feather in Second Thought Theatre’s production cap”
- CultureMap Dallas calls Jenny Ledel’s performance in Grounded “mesmerizing.