Shelby-Allison Hibbs of TheaterJones speaks with The Necessities playwright Blake Hackler about the play, its origins and development, and juggling his roles as educator, playwright, actor, and director across DFW.… Read more
- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says “Christie Vela’s direction puts a turbocharged spin on the macho clashes…veering like a roller coaster from the comic to the scary.”
- “The script, directed with a smart sense of its testosterone-fueled energy by Christie Vela, brims with sudden-onset comedy bits,” says Jan Farrington at TheaterJones.
During our run, local critics weighed in on our production of Grounded by George Brant:
- Nancy Churnin of the Dallas Morning News says Grounded is “a taut, timely, troubling look at drone warfare”
- Alexandra Bonifield of CriticalRant calls “Grounded [is] another first-rate feather in Second Thought Theatre’s production cap”
- CultureMap Dallas calls Jenny Ledel’s performance in Grounded “mesmerizing.