SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Second Thought Theatre is currently searching for a new team member to assume the role of Director of Communications. We’re looking for a collaborative lover of theatre with a strategic mind and artistic sensibilities to come alongside and support our season promotion. If you are a self-driven communicator with a knack for content creation, then we want you to consider working with us!
This role handles public communications, with press and supporters, through traditional and digital channels, all while working closely with our Communications Committee to create season-long and show-specific strategies, timelines, and content.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Position Summary: The Director of Communications leads on all of Second Thought Theatre’s public communications, with press and supporters, through traditional and digital channels, and works with the Communications Committee to create season-long and show-specific strategies, timelines, and content. The Director of Communications also supports the STT board and artistic leadership in their fundraising and production roles. This is a part-time, salaried position that is mostly work-from-anywhere with flexible hours. $15K annual salary.
– Coordinate with the Artistic Director and Communications Committee to create season communications and media strategies;
– Create and oversee communication calendars;
– Cultivate relationships with the press and manage press communications, including public statements, interviews, and reviews;
– Design, organize, and execute written and visual content for communications campaigns;
– Manage and monitor STT social media accounts;
– Create and manage Constant Contact email communications with supporters;
– Maintain and update STT website;
– Coordinate production and promotional photography;
– Attend monthly board meetings and provide communications updates;
– Support board in promotion of fundraising events and production of grant application visual aids; and
– Other duties as needed, as this job description is not exhaustive and may be revised depending on the post holder and other circumstances.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes:
– Familiarity with theatrical production and support for STT’s mission;
– Project management and organizational skills;
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines without direct supervision;
– Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to foster and maintain key relationships with press, organizational leadership, and others;
– Work collaboratively with others and integrate feedback well;
– Topic creation and writing skills;
– Proofreading and editing skills;
– Photo-editing, video-editing, and graphic design skills;
– Social media proficiency; and
– Website management. Knowledge of WordPress
How to Apply:
Please send résumé, references, and cover letter to email@example.com
At this time, auditions have concluded for our season. Please follow us on social media or join our mailing list for casting opportunities next season.
Stage Managers, Designers, and Directors may submit resumes and portfolios via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Second Thought Theatre
c/o Drew Wall
3839 McKinney Ave,
Dallas, TX 75204
Seeking performers, designers, and directors of all ages, genders, and ethnicities. Artists of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Second Thought Theatre embraces non-traditional casting and encourages the casting of ethnic minority actors, female actors, and physically challenged actors where possible. Individual show directors, together with the artistic director make all casting decisions. Second Thought Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.